Cabins & Suites
- Half Side Ocean View
- 37 m2
- With Balcony
- Full Size Ocean View
- 37 m2
- With Balcony
- Full Size Ocean View
- 50 m2
- Shower, Bathtub, Jacuzzi
- With Balcony
The gracious Ginger will be Heritage Line’s new vessel cruising the Lan Ha Bay, which is a tranquil part of the famous Halong Bay in Vietnam. Ginger hosts only 12 large suites, all naturally light-flooded and with well-sized balcony. There will be two Regent Suites in the highest room category. Additional four Signature Suites and six Junior Suites complete the suite only vessel. Ginger expresses her elegance with warm timber floors, marble bathrooms and distinguished design themes that interlace the long-lasting traditions of Northern Vietnam paired with contemporary accents.
The most exclusive facility is Ginger’s pool on the terrace deck. Surrounded by comfortable shaded sunbeds, the views from the pool are spectacular. So are the views from the spa rooms in the stern of the ship – one VIP spa room comes with steam bath. Combine relaxing spa treatments with dramatic outlooks through floor to ceiling glass windows on the bay.
- Managed and operated by well-known Heritage Line cruise line
- Brand new vessel cruising the Lan Ha Bay
- French- Indochina sophisticated design
- Spacious cabins with deluxe amenities
- Fusion a la carte menus with artful decor
- Open kitchen in restaurant, cooking class and outdoor pool
- Your luxurious floating home sets sail around noontime. Enjoy a welcome drink upon boarding while being acquainted with the facilities on board during the welcome briefing. We start our unique journey of exploring one of the new wonders of nature – Lan Ha Bay. We enjoy lunch in Ginger’s light-flooded dining room offering panoramic views of the passing scenery.
- Along the cruise we can see an ancient lighthouse, built by the French over 100years ago. We head deeper and further south into the maze of Lan Ha Bay. Lan Ha Bay is actually a part of Halong Bay which was just recently opened to the public. Relax on the sun deck and soak in the aura of the fascinating scenery that emanates from the surreal seascape. During this cruising time there is enough time to enjoy our onboard activities. Take a plunge in the pool or let us pamper you with a selection of fine treatments and massages in our large Lady Ginger spa.
- We reach the landing spot of Viet Hai Village on Cat Ba Island where we hop on bikes (electric car available) for an active tour along small paved roads towards a village nestled in a valley. Meet and greet local inhabitants doing their daily work, see their homes and the village school.
- Back on board, our chef is ready and prepared for an interactive cooking class in the open kitchen at the restaurant. Learn about local ingredients, preparation and cooking of particular dishes to imitate easily at home. We arrive at a tranquil anchor spot for the night. A hidden place to reminisce on the day’s adventures and enjoy cocktails under the stars. Dinner is served in the dining room.
- You may like to hang out at our bar after with a digestif or pay a visit to theevening cinema which is set up in the dining area. Kick back with your favourite drink in probably the most unusual cinema you have ever visited. Or - have some fun with our team joining them for squid fishing before retiring to your room.
Aboard Ginger, it is a matter of pride for us to present guests with delicious cuisine. Made from fresh locally and internationally sourced ingredients our Vietnamese and Western creations will have guests’ eagerly coming back for seconds when we dish up our chef’s live cooked plates. Breakfasts can either be taken in the restaurant, at the alfresco area on the sun deck or even served in the privacy of your room.
- Cruise condition/Cleanliness4.7 / 5
- Room comfort/Standard4.8 / 5
- Staff Performance4.9 / 5
- Food/Dining4.7 / 5
- Service Quality4.9 / 5
- Value for money4.9 / 5
"There is only one word that comes across my mind- AMAZING. My hubby and I went on a 2 day 1 night trip with Ginger Cruise. That was our first time in Vietnam and there was not much things to do in Hanoi so we decided to take a cruise and Ginger Cruise was an out-standing name among cruises out in Lan Ha Bay.
We had a remarkable time. We were surrounded by mind-blowing mountains and calm water. The boat was sailing the water smoothly that we barely felt its movement. The entire staff were always welcoming, accommodating and, to say they went above and beyond the standard qualification. They made us felt like we were part of their big family. That will be the part I miss out the most about our time in Lan Ha Bay: the special bond we had with people we met. I strongly recommend these people!"
"From the moment we were greeted cheerfully with a smile by the cruise's host and her team. Lan Ha bay's scenery is breathtaking.
Thank you again Ginger Cruise!"
"We did a 2 day 1 night with Ginger Cruise. It was an incredibly hard job picking from the endless cruise lines available, but in the end we went with Ginger Cruise because their reviews were so consistently excellent plus they gave us prompt replies to our queries. After all we weren't disappointed. The cruise was spotless. We enjoyed our Junior Suite Cabin, the food was beautifully presented. The cooking presentation in the restaurant's open kitchen was well entertaining. We now can make tasty Vietnamese spring rolls ourselves. It was special sitting up there watching the setting sun, with the exhausting heat of the day finally subsiding a little. The activities were fun and interesting, and kept us busy. Visiting the island which I can't remember its Vietnamese name was the most fun part.
Most notable, the staff were excellent. They were friendly, helpful, considerate, attentive and very good with names. We were given a bottle of water every time we left the main boat, and were greeted with a refreshing drink and cold face-towel every time we returned.
Tons of services out there but surely this cruise gave us the best experience so far. So I can highly recommend Ginger Cruise as a great way to experience Lan Ha Bay - the pearl of Vietnam."
"Outstanding customer service: the staff were really friendly and hospitable to on Ginger Cruise. They tried their best to add to the experience, bending over backwards for us really. The cabin we had was gorgeous and spacious. They had various options for the cabin and we picked a Signature Suite Cabin with beautiful view from upper deck. My small tip is: do your back pack as light as possible because the cruise has almost all the amenities you need. We had this beautiful private balcony - but you know what - you will spend most of your time on the main areas so the balcony is not that necessary.
We spent one night and two days on the cruise and some of our highlights included visiting a water tunnel cave on a handcrafted bamboo boat, participating in a cooking class on the sundeck and relaxing Tai Chi exercise in tranquil scenery of Lan Ha Bay.
Generally speaking, the cruise was amazing and memorable!"
"It was the most amazing cruise experience I've ever had with Ginger Cruise. The cruise was gorgeous, the crew were pleasant & friendly & the entire experience was wonderful!
Cleaning happened 24/7. Food was beyond good and the dining board looked beautiful. I can't begin to start saying how magnificent the bay was! Not to mention the service there...we were treated like royalty!
The crew was constantly cleaning, which to me indicates that they care about the people cruising with them. When approached, crew members were helpful & friendly at all times.
Our room was very nice & well-equipped with all the utilities we needed. The shower was amazing and the private balcony was heavenly!
"We booked a Regent Suite on board the Ginger Cruise. The suite was stunning with a huge king size bed & bathroom complete with spa bath. It was comfortable, spotlessly cleaned daily. The intimate dining room was world class. The sights and boat trips to the various attractions were well organised with staff from the boat guiding you through the experience. We loved Lan Ha Bay and all it had to offer and were glad to have booked the 2 day 1 night package as it was relaxed, covered the main attractions and allowed enough time between activities to relax on our own private terrace.
To summarise: Amazing experience with a great tour."
From the moment we arrived the staff were so helpful and could not do enough for you. Cabins clean and lovely although a little small we had a balcony which was lovely. Good variety in the meals and drinks reasonable in price. I fell ill on board and the staff were very caring and checked in to make sure I was ok and offering ginger tea and medical attention if needed. The bay itself is amazing so beautiful tours a little rushed not a lot of time given in each spot but overall a great day experience.
We were so well looked after by the staff. The boat is beautiful, the food amazing, the views incomparable. Our room was so much bigger than we expected given the size of the boat - we had a king size bed, en suite and a balcony. Cooking class was great fun too.
We stayed one night in Ginger cruise, which was a white nice boat. We visited cave, sailed skyak. Halong Bay is spectacular scenes, I was lack of words to describe how it was wonderful.
This was a highlight! Outstanding service, food, activities, and beautiful accommodation! Clean and well presented. Loved everything about it. The rooms were lovely, so cIean. I was worried about seasickness, but it was so smooth it didn't cause us any problems.