The Halong Bay weather in July is very hot and brings frequent storm fronts from the southwest. Halong Bay receives the fewest visitors at this time of year.
If you’re considering visiting Halong Bay in July, this article will tell you everything you need to know about what to expect from the weather at this time of year. We’ll also help you to weigh up the pros and cons of coming to Halong Bay at this time, as well as some expert travel tips should you decide to take the plunge.
If you’re looking for any further information about the weather in this area at different times, check out our previous post about what to expect from Halong Bay weather throughout the year.
What to Expect from Halong Bay Weather in July
The Halong Bay weather in July is some of the hottest of the year, with average temperatures of 29 degrees. Visitors can expect temperature highs up to the mid-thirties and nothing lower than 25 degrees.
The hot weather is great for enjoying some activities in the cooling waters of Halong Bay; we recommend trying out some snorkelling or kayaking!
The levels of sunlight in Halong Bay don’t tend to change too much throughout the year, only by an hour at most. In July, visitors can expect 7 hours of full sunlight each day in July (this is the second highest level of the year, dropping slightly from the previous month).
Humidity levels in July are quite high, usually around 80%. This, coupled with the soaring temperatures give the impression that the air is even warmer than it is. Even at night it tends to be quite hot, in comparison with other months where it generally cools down a bit at night.
The Halong Bay weather in July brings with it some of the highest levels of rainfall of the entire year, with an average of 201mm of rain falling over 15 days. In July, Halong Bay often experiences typhoons, so we advise that you check the weather forecast in advance of your cruise and keep contact with the cruise director if it looks like bad weather may be headed to the bay.
Pros and Cons of Visiting Halong Bay in July
- The warm Halong Bay weather in July are great for enjoying swimming at the beach, or other water-based activities like snorkelling and kayaking.
- July is part of Halong Bay’s off-peak season, so visitors can expect to be among fewer tourists than usual this month. You might even be able to avail of discounts from the cruise companies.
- The likelihood of your cruise being affected by bad weather is much higher at this time of year.
- The hot temperatures may not be favourable for some travelers.
Top Tips for Travelers to Halong Bay in July
- The hot Halong Bay weather in July will call for light, breathable clothing only. Don’t bother packing any warm clothes, you won’t need them!
- Bring a swimsuit; you’ll relish the chance to cool down in the water.
- Don’t forget to pack sunscreen! The July sun is very hot.
- If you need any more packing advice, visit our expert Halong Bay packing guide for inspiration.
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast and if it looks like you may encounter a storm then we highly advise you contact your cruise operator directly for confirmation that the trip will go ahead.
Let’s point out some key infos:
Ready to book your cruise to Halong Bay? Head on over to our booking platform to see the available cruises on your chosen dates.