The Halong Bay weather in March marks the end of the winter season; temperatures begin to rise slightly as do the humidity and rainfall levels.
March is considered by many to be the best month to view Halong Bay thanks to the warm average temperatures and long hours of sunshine. This article will give you a detailed insight into what you can expect from the Halong Bay weather in March, as well as the pros and cons for traveling at this time of year.
If you’re after any further information on this topic, head over to our previous post about what to expect from Halong Bay weather throughout the year.
What to Expect from Halong Bay Weather in March
Temperatures in March begin to climb again as the cooler winter months fade away. The average temperature in March is around 20 degrees Celsius, and visitors can expect highs up to 23 degrees and lows of 18 degrees.
The moderate temperatures are great for spending time outdoors and enjoying the scenery without being too hot, and very little chance of experiencing cold days.
The levels of sunlight don’t tend to fluctuate too much throughout the year, with all months experiencing between seven to eight hours of sunlight each day. March is at the higher end of the spectrum, with a daily average of 8 hours of sunlight.
As temperatures begin to climb again so too does the humidity level. Still quite low compared to the annual average of 90%, the Halong Bay weather in March brings humidity levels of about 75%.
This is a good time of year to make the most of outdoor activities because the closer you get to the summer months the more hot and sticky the Halong Bay weather will become.
The average rainfall for the entire month of March is 53mm over approximately 13 days. This is somewhat higher than the average for February but still slightly lower than the 57mm expected in April. You can be sure the rainy months are on their way, but they are not here just quite yet.
Overall, we have:
Pros and Cons of Visiting Halong Bay in March
- The Halong Bay weather in March is very pleasant temperature-wise; it’s getting warmer but still not sticky hot.
- The humidity levels are still relatively low, which makes outdoor activities much more doable.
- The rainfall levels are still comparably low, so it’s unlikely your trip will be affected by unfavourable weather conditions.
- March is part of Halong Bay’s high season, so you should expect to see a lot of other tourists there at this time.
Top Tips for Travelers to Halong Bay in March
- Pack lightly, and leave as much of your luggage in Hanoi as you can. Follow our guide for packing tips before you leave!
- The warm temperatures call for light clothes. It’s unlikely you’ll experience any cold days, but all the same it doesn’t hurt to bring a light sweater with you in case you feel chilly in the evening.
- The warm temperatures are great for water-based activities like swimming, snorkelling, and kayaking. Don’t forget to pack a swimsuit.
- Make sure you wear sunscreen! The March sun can be surprisingly strong.
- Book your cruise well in advance to beat the crowds and ensure you can travel on your desired dates.
Ready to book your cruise to Halong Bay? Head on over to our booking platform to see the available cruises on your chosen dates.